Blog Journal 4

 ELA technology standards are an important attribute to a child's education to prepare them for the world we run in. The standard that I want to talk about is SC.35.CS-CS.4.3 and is a benchmark to compare and contrast hardware and software. This is a basic benchmark that helps students to identify some terms related to technology. Another benchmark also was to identify parts of a computer such as the screen, mouse, and keyboard which is an important thing to be able to do. Considering we are in a world with constant innovation in technology, it is super important for students to learn these benchmarks. Based on my current skillset, I feel confident that I could teach this. 

The website CPALM was really awesome and provided so many resources to help teachers. I ended up finding a fourth grade lesson plan with benchmarks covering ELA.4.v.1.1 and SS.4.CG.3.1. This is a lesson plan to lean about Florida Government and the branches of Government. This resource could easily be used in a classroom as it is super easy to access and lays the information out very clearly. I could definitely see myself using this resource when I begin teaching. 

Internet searching is super important in basic day to day life and especially important as an educator. I really enjoyed learning about the Google Advanced search because I had heard about it before but wasn't too sure how to use it. I also will be using what I learned about CC licensing and how something may not be licensed to "share". Something not learned in this class would be having 2 separate tabs open on one screen. This is often referred to as "split screen" and is a very useful tool as I am even using the tool currently. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 8

Blog Journal 2