Blog Journal 2

     Throughout Elementary school I remember Microsoft programs being introduced to me. One of the first few that I learned about were Microsoft Word and PowerPoint because we would use them to make projects. In Middle and Highschool we focused on using these to advance our skillset and I even took a class to learn more about these computer programs. I do also like Google Docs but only for taking informal notes while being in class. For any assignment that needs to be in MLA or APA format, I would use Microsoft Word. 

    I really found concept 1.6 interesting on the "For students" tab just because I feel that is a necessary skill that technology can advance. The 1.6 Standard was titled "Creative Communicator" which is super important. Another side that I was able to see with this is that people learn differently, so students being able to communicate in different way allows students the opportunity to learn from each other. 1.6a wants students to use different platforms to communicate which is super important in this day and age. 

    I do not agree with the phrase "digital native" because I don't see anything that differentiates it from just being tech savvy. I would say that I am on the more comfortable side of being a "digital native" just because I understand how to use technology. The only time I have seen a huge difference between my teachers and I have been when there is a huge age gap such as more than one generation. I feel like my future students will probably all have cell phones which is an interesting concept just because when I was in Elementary school, my friends and I did not have cell phones. All that we had were Kindles, iPads, and some had iPods. 

Comments

  1. Hey Isabel! I really enjoyed your perspective on how you don't agree with the digital native phrase. I could definitely see your point in how you don't find a distinct difference between you and your professors. As well as you brought up the concept of your students all having phones in school, which in reality seems to be a new era as school's are already implementing tablets and laptops.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1

Blog Journal 8